Why The Stone Cottage is Important To Our Community

BY: Justine, R7

A short three paragraph explanation.

Please remember that some parts of this writing I just searched up, but I did not copy it. So I added in the Sources. 

The Stone Cottage is a historical place in Auckland, Panmure. The building was built about 175 years ago, or in the 1800s. It’s an old artefact as a cottage itself.

The Stone Cottage was built in the 1800s and was built in the city of Auckland, and in the town of Panmure. Back in the days, there were no vehicles/cars, it was pretty quiet. Say, It was a little more peaceful in New Zealand than it is now. The Stone Cottage was once located near Mt. Wellington but since 1971 has relocated to 1 Kings Road, Panmure. The Owners of the house really struggled with Light, since there was no electricity, to get light they needed Whale Oil, which to get you had to … hunt whales.

=–=–=

Source: 

How I Knew Where it Was Before: OurAuckland

The Stone Cottage was built in around 1854-1857. It’s very historical because it was built around 143 years ago around British Rule. It’s magnificent to know that the Cottage is still standing after so many years ago, but it was once built near Mt. Wellington near the McDonalds right now.  Most of the materials in the house were around in the 18th Century, even a doll is 100 years old in there.

=–=–=

Source:

How I knew when it was Made: Aucklife

The Cottage has extremely old items inside of it that became a museum. This Cottage is a very old piece of masterpiece, it holds many old artefacts and tools. It tells us how the people that lived inside this house actually did it. In our generation, it’s very hard to survive without electricity. The Stone Cottage itself is older than most houses and countries, the cottage holds very fragile old artefacts, it needs to be kept safe so the people that lived there can show other people for the future so they can understand how hard it was back in the days.