Our Swimming Experience

The first time I went there, I was very scared, since I’ve never swam in my whole life. The first day was not that much swimming, just holding our breath and flapping our legs, I didn’t expect just that at the beginning, I mean I was in beginner since I never swam in my whole life, ever. The photo you see on top of this text was the second week since we started swimming, I knew a little bit on how to swim, I was just going very slow. Although it gave me bravery and reduced my fear of drowning, although I still don’t know how to float, not like the ‘floating on your back and front’, the actual floating. That was the part where I struggled, still got it a bit though. Standing on my back and swimming on my back must be the hardest ones, I struggle floating on my back because I have a fear of heights, looking at the ceiling makes me feel I’m falling, that’s why panic start coming in my soul. on the last days we had an assessment/test based on what we learn, floating on our back WITHOUT touching the floor for 60 seconds or 1 minute straight. I failed that, swim on our backs with one hand raised up(it means that you need help), I failed that as well. on the last day of the second week we practiced on a life boat when it’s sinking, we practiced jumping off it and we also practiced on saving other people without getting on the water. On the last day, we had lots of fun, they let us dive 6 times! I, obviously I wasn’t able to do them properly. Although when I learned how to swim, it was very helpful since now I can float and swim! Well, kind of.